No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Sunday 3 April 2011

Day 26: what I lack in chocolate, I make up for with treacle tart

Another lovely sunny day here, apart from the current downpour.
As it's Mother's Day I called my Mum at about 8.30 this morning only to discover that she had already opened all her presents from me. On to part two - making a treacle tart for the family gathering at the outlaws. Managed to get all the right ingredients in, in the right order this time, and get it cooked on time despite a detour out to buy some plants for the garden.
Raced over to the outlaws and had a curry fest so tasty that we all over indulged and had to go for a walk before we could manage pudding.
A large amount of chocolates appeared from somewhere so I had to hide in the kitchen moving things about in the oven so that I wouldn't fall prey to their cheeky advances.
Very snoozy now, and I would so much like a hot chocolate but it's all off-limits so Mr Halford has made a coffee version instead. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment