No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 35: Wooo! Back on the information superhighway

So many good things going on.
Yesterday I read 'Out of Shadows' by Jason Wallace, which is jolly terrific and gives you loads to think about and really, you should be rushing out right now to get your mitts on a copy (unless you are a young person as it's quite violent). (Well, really violent).

The dog is here! He had a major sneezing fit earlier but is all recovered now.

I got yet more splendid things to take to Nepal, and yesterday our lovely caretaker, Mr Cage, helped me wrestle the posters into a cardboard tube so they wouldn't get flattened on the way there.

I managed to buy someone a Mars Bar this morning and got it all the way to work and safely delivered without hoovering it up.
I fended off a 6th former who was trying to sell me some chocolate at lunchtime (behold my superb willpower!)

I met the nice dog from down the terrace who looks terrifying but turns out to be quite nice (at least while I'm hiding behind a gate).

OK, Mr Halford is determined we should do some packing, can't argue with that, only 3 more sleeps to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment