No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Day 36: packing is for wimps

Hmmm, really ought to do some packing.

Today I bought home all the donated loot from school and tried to take a photo of it. There was so much of it that it completely covered the settee and I couldn't fit it all in the frame.
Tally so far:
Posters (30)
Coloured paper (345 sheets)
Finger paints (32)
Plastic letters (4 random containers)
Wax crayons (168)
Coouring pencils (318)

and oodles more besides. Pity the poor drama teacher who offered me a lift home only to then have a box of loot shoved in his arms while I went to fetch the other one from the staff room. Then I remembered the massive cool box was still in library so fetched that too and in no time at all the car was full.

Unlike my rucksack which currently has nothing in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment