No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Sunday 10 April 2011

Day 32: not even any cheating or anything

Snakes alive, I have made it to day 32 without any cheating. How very unlikely.
Achieved almost nothing off my 'to do' list yesterday bar buying stocks of bird food.
I got very distracted by buying frocks and summery things, then discovered my small neice was over at the outlaws and so went over to play with her, then ended the day by having a trot round Hatfield Forest and baking some biscuits.
As a consequence I now have quite a lot to do before my parents arrive at 10am Sunday.
Also, all my library books arrived - finally - so I now have 4 to read before we jet off on Friday. And we haven't packed yet.
I wouldn't have time to eat any chocolate even if I wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment