No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Day 29: even more muchos excitement

Yay! An excellent day today! Not only was it lovely and sunny and suchlike but 2 (two) parcels arrived today. One parcel contained 'Little Princes' by Conor Grennan, an account of how an initially casual volunteering experience in Nepal grew into a mission to an all consuming commitment to help some victims of child trafficking amidst the horrors of the civil war. I'm making it sound terribly serious and worthy, but so far it has been warm, funny and enlightening, though it doesn't shirk from the grittier side of life.

The second parcel contained the posters I ordered on Monday afternoon and they are so fabulous I had to do a bit of spontneous dancing. Really, they are great. You have no idea how great. I'm still really excited about them.

Got home and resisted the urge to sit in the gorious sun and read my new book. Instead, I set about baking some coconut and cherry shortbread. It was much like the cake baking episode of the other week but most of the chaos was caused by a localised fog of icing sugar and too many shoes in front of the fridge so the door wouldn't open properly and then there was a bit of a landslide of shortbreads. Only one made a proper bid for freedom (it got as far as the bin) the rest were juggled back on to the baking sheet and shoved into the newly excavated fridge.

If Mr Halford is reading this: this is why your shoes are all in a pile in the middle of the living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment