No pain, no gain

Who would want to give up chocolate? Not many people, including me. Obviously I had a mad 2 minutes in which it seemed like a good idea, but that was weeks ago and I've come to my senses now. All too late though, I had already committed myself to the fabulous 'Stuff Your Rucksack' scheme for a trip to Nepal in April. This will see me forced to leave the kitchen sink behind and instead fill my rucksack with far more useful things to support the work of Nepal Schools Aid (UK) with disadvantaged children in Kathmandu.

Instead of financial support I am seeking donations of coloured paper/crayons/finger paints/maps/plastic letters to take to Nepal. If you would like to make a financial donation though, it would of course be very welcome. Please click on the link to My Charity page.
*Update - educational posters are also urgently needed as a priority!*

Friday 8 April 2011

Day 31: Fridays are the new Fridays (official)

Oh at last, Fridays have returned to being Fridays. Once again a beautifully warm and sunny day, so smiles all round.
I bagged a lift to work with a colleague for the second morning in a row (luckily, as I was trying to carry a hugemungous cool box down the road) and completed the hat trick as I got a lift home earlier in the week too.
Such are my nice friendly work colleagues - yesterday I was offered a lift while conspicuously carrying a tin of biscuits, today I it was a cool box that could possibly be full of beer (it wasn't, which will guarantee no lift on Monday).

All sorts of random excitement around school today - an ice lolly sale at break time which went incredibly well, and a visiting band (twenty twenty) with many a swooning teenage girl at break time. I was given some more goodies to take to Nepal and had to make a second collection box to put in the staff room.

My lovely friendly 6th formers were planning a get together at one of their houses tonight, 'til I reminded the potential host that the last time this happened he was found in the library wailing 'my house is in tatters because of you!'. They then decided to hold it at the house of the friend who wasn't present. Good thinking.

Then, even better, I got home to find I had won a book in a competition.

Nicely played Friday, good recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment